Best 5 WordPress Backup Plugins
24 Feb 2021
A common name “WordPress” in the world of websites, as statistics, shows 35% usage in all websites. As you are going through this matter of information means you need this exact information about your website. This is quite important to protect all the important details like financial details and website sole contents from potential threats like hackers or technical drop out.
Fortunately, WordPress can help you out with its large number of plugins; many plugins help create the backup of WordPress content. The backup plugins will be your safe way out in the event of a security breach for your content due to any reason.
Select A WordPress Backup Plugin
As a good number of WordPress backup plugins are available, selecting the right plugin suitable can be immense. So, what you should be considering to find the best suitable plugin?
- Backup for Database:by some plugins, your website’s database can only be backed up and not the whole website content.
- Full or entire-site backup:some other plugins can allow you to backup all the contents like all files, complete database, plugins, the website’s theme, and much more.
- Cloud Storage backups:you can consider other options like cloud storage to ease your mobility. Options for the backup can be Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc.
- Auto/Manual Scheduled backups:plugins may enable you to schedule your website’s backup by setting automatic mode or manual mode.
- Migration on WordPress: for this particular reason of migration of site which can occur even in the future, you need to prepare with the right plugin, allowing you to migrate the website.
- Restoration:must feature in a plugin empowers the backup of WordPress website with the simple restoration of website feature. It facilitates the users, not necessarily technical sound users to have simple and easy access to an important feature.
Consider a shortlist of the best five backup plugins based on market research to help you out.
UpdraftPlus is one of the most unique and popular plugins for backup on WordPress. Over 3 million websites on WordPress are using this, as Microsoft and NASA. It possesses a rating of 5 out of 5 stars.
UpdraftPlushas both versions like free and premium (paid), both versions allow you to make a manual and auto-scheduled backup of all files, databases, and other plugins on the website. This also gives the feature of file restoration from the control panel of your website.
All the essential features are available on the free version and are quite easy to use, even if you do not have that much technical knowledge. It also allows cloud storage backups on all the famous cloud storage services like Google Drive, OneDrive, Amazon S3, etc.
You can have a premium version (Paid) for up to two or more licenses; also, you can enjoy backup storage on cloud storage options like OneDrive, Microsoft Azure, Web DAV and many more as UpdraftPlus gives you more option of cloud storage providers comparing to others.
Updraft comes with an option to select renewal type as automatic for 40% off annual renewals, so UpdraftPlus is always compatible with the latest version of WordPress. By this, you can get regular updates, new features, and support. You can cancel at any time.
- comprehensive free version;
- easy to use;
- backup and restore plugin in one plugin;
- complete site backup.
- high rated plugin;
- user-friendly migration of website (premium version)
- more cloud storage providers comparing to any other backup plugin (premium version);
- manual/auto scheduled backups.
- issues in migration feature;
- market traps for addons;
- issues in customer support.
BackupBuddyis also one of the popular backup plugins used by 500,000 websites on WordPress, making it one of the best plugins in the market.
It comes in three versions named blogger, freelancer, and gold. All three are paid backup plugin versions which differ in the number of websites backup. The blogger version is the cheapest in terms of prices. The freelancer is medium-priced priced with a maximum number of 10 websites. Finally, gold offers you an unlimited number of websites backup with the highest price range out of three versions.
It follows the five steps procedure by allowing backup of a complete website, unlike other plugins which offer only database backup. It also enables you to backup the entire WordPress installation, including all images, themes, widgets, etc.
You can save a fair amount of server resources by using its excellent tool of stash. Also, it provides automatic scheduled backup with offsite backup and website restoration.
This plugin is particularly famous in WordPress developers as this has a developer feature that helps create a staging site, where changes can be checked before they are applied to the site. Simply, by this kind of feature, there may be no need to restore files from a backup.
- amazingly user-friendly;
- special Stash feature;
- for a staging site a new developer feature;
- backup and restore plugin, both.
- entire site backup;
- automatic scheduled backup;
- web-based cloud storage;
- easy website migration.
- some backup ASCI related issues;
- bad refund policy;
- issues in advanced WordPress installations.
3. VaultPress (with Jetpack)
It has several different versions. This plugin is not for free version users and has the price range of monthly or yearly subscription charges.
The basic version of a monthly subscription offers several things like daily automatic backups, single-click restoration and migration, simple off-site infrastructure, and a 30-day archive backup option. Another price range version includes real-time backups and an unlimited archive backup option.
With the highest range of price versions of a yearly subscription, you can have the unique feature of Jetpack Security in Real-time. It gives you daily and on-demand security scans, high-speed video hosting, and SEO tools.
VaultPress may be the priciest option among other service providers due to its limited period of backup timing like 30 days for the basic version, and it will end up with the pay per website expense with your growing needs.
It can be a pricey option, but its special customer satisfaction rate puts this backup plugin on WordPress websites visible in the list of best backup plugins.
- Every day and on-demand full security scans (Jetpack Security Real-time version);
- Unlimited archive back option (more expensive versions);
- Backup and restore plugin, both;
- Auto-scheduled backup;
- The option of off-site storage;
- Restoration of full-website;
- Single-click migration;
- Pay per website.
- Expensive comparatively;
- Not suitable for beginners;
- Lousy customer support recorded in many reviews.
BlogVault has been a reliable backup plugin used by over 400,000 WordPress sites. It is considered as a SaaS means Software as a Service more than a plugin.
BlogVault plugin provides everyday automatic backups and on-demand backups, single-click website recovery option, off-site backups, and smooth migration of websites with entire site backup and cloud storage backup highlights of this plugin.
Considering its three plans based monthly payment option that offers different packages, all three plans have one excellent feature called one-click staging.
By using it, you can check the changes and updates on WordPress sites safely. The higher price option includes malware scans and removal with its high-end real-time backup and security.
It is a fantastic backup option on WordPress but having the same issue of high prices as VaultPress. The cheapest plan is costlier than many other service providers, and you can not manage it with a weekly basis subscription.
BlogVault regularly rolls out its new features to help ease the user with bug fixes and other notable advancements for their plugins with all the addons available on WordPress websites.
- Automatic and unlimited on-demand backups;
- Single-click staging;
- Single-click restore;
- Complete site backup.
- Full-site backup;
- Cloud backup storage;
- Outstanding site migration;
- Automatic malware scans (more expensive plans);
- Real-time backup and security (more expensive plans)
- Pricey option;
- Pay per site with the minimum monthly subscription;
- It needs ftp to be set up on web hosting and ftp credentials.
ManageWP was developed by successful WordPress developer Vladimir Prelovac. It is considered more than a backup plugin that enables efficient management of multiple WordPress websites present in the market.
The ManageWPcomprises two main backup versions; free and premium.
The free version offers monthly scheduled backup, single-click restoration, off-site storage options and the possibility to choose storage in the EU or US, and more.
The Premium version consists of all the features like on-demand backup and migration/clone tool with different backup frequencies. Monthly premium packages offer ranges from a website up to 100 websites with the bundle.
Bulk actions are the coolest feature of ManageWP. ManageWP brings all your dashboards together in one place. It means that managing 100 websites on WordPress empowers you to do a mass backup or mass security check on all 100 websites together. ManageWPis not rated as UpdraftPlus and criticism has been raised by some users regarding the issues with large backups and the expense that adds up.
- Excellent working free version;
- Mass backups/security checks;
- On-demand backups (premium version);
- Website migration (premium version);
- Single-click restore;
- Auto-scheduled backups;
- Optimized off-site storage;
- A new safeupdate feature (premium version)
- expensive option;
- pay per site with the minimum monthly subscription;
- limited free version.
Finally, the most suitable backup plugin will be selected on your basic requirements of tools selection, prices range, and user-friendly interface of the plugin.
The above-described comparison between the best 5 backup plugins will surely help you out to go for the best one.
Recommended WordPress Hosting
Fast, secure, and optimized WordPress hosting from $5/mo. Learn More
Featured WordPress Plugin
The #1 and most powerful WordPress caching plugin. Learn More
Latest blog articles
- 15 Best WordPress Countdown Plugins Are you having trouble finding an appropriate theme for your website?
- Top 8 WordPress Security Plugins That Really Work In 2021 Are you having trouble finding an appropriate theme for your website?
- WordPress Captcha Plugins That Are Highly Effective Against Bots in 2021 Are you having trouble finding an appropriate theme for your website?
- Free WordPress Header Plugins to Create Great Website Headers Are you having trouble finding an appropriate theme for your website?
- How to migrate your site with WordPress migration plugin Are you having trouble finding an appropriate theme for your website?
- Top WP Coming Soon Plugins to Choose from and Using them Right on Your Site Are you having trouble finding an appropriate theme for your website?